About Me

My Love and joy is found in my family whom I have God to thank for. My awesome awesome loving, supportive and so giving husband Malachi, and my 2 kids Hannah (2) and Judah (1) who I get to chill with all day!! My photography is an overflow and a reflection of how i live my life. I ADORE life. I LOVE color! capturing raw emotions is such a privilege. Blessing those around me with a love that GOD has given me and my family supports me wholeheartedly. seriously, could life be better than this?

Thursday, February 11, 2010

snack time :)

It matters little how much equipment we use; it matters much that we be masters of all we do use- Sam Abell
That was one of the quotes thrown around at the PPSC photography convention Malachi and I attended on Monday.
We walked away inspired and challenged to be better photographers. Not for our sake, but the peoples lives whose story we tell.
Right after my kids woke up from their nap at around 5 today I noticed it was still light out so I grabbed the closest camera to me, which happened to be my rebel xt. It was a wedding gift from my parents back in 2006. It is not my main camera and I haven't really used it in a while, We upgraded to a 5D mark 2 this time last year. On the rebel was a 50 mm 1.4 lens.
To be honest with you, i couldn't be happier if these were taken with the 5D. I've been challenged to really not let gear define me and make the best of what we got. Its a pretty good feeling :)))











3 comments:

jim baker said...

love love love em. remember Dennis' pots and pan story?

Pranee Loffer, Charlotte North Carolina wedding photographer said...

Dang jim! You got me racking my brains! I DONT remember! and I rememberd LOTS of what Dennis said...whats the pots and pans story? is that like if ur a good cook u can make it taste good with any utensils?

Bobbie Brown said...

Love the pictures AND the quote!

Followers